Saturday, March 12, 2011

I am at a loss.....

for a title for this post.  This happens all the time and even after three years of blogging I still get totally stumped on titles.  I am sadden by the devastation in Japan and my heart goes out to all that are effected by this tragedy. I have lived in earthquake prone areas all of my life and it is very scary how in just an instant everything around you can be destroyed or worse.   I got an unexpected day off yesterday due the tsunami warnings.  I happen to live up in northern California just south of Crescent City where they had some of the most damage to the U.S.  Everything was fine for us, but we are nearly surrounded by the low laying areas that the authorities were concerned about.  About 10 minutes before leaving for work yesterday I got a call  that I didn't have to come in to work.  So that meant I got a day to play with my stamps.  Which was much needed after more than a week of sinus trouble that has kept me from wanting to make anything or even blog.  So enough of me blabbering I have a card I made using this weeks sketch from MoJo Monday, Simon Says challenge- Anything Goes and ABC Challenege's challenge P is for Pearl.

 Thank you for stopping by.



Card Details
Stamps: Cheeky Rockabilly, The Greeting Farm
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Other: cuttlebug, nestabilities, pearls, prima, pearl brad

8 comments:

  1. So glad to read you escaped the damage from this latest distaster Brenda!!!
    Oh how we need some good news this year!

    Gorgeous little card .....beautiful colouring too! Hope next week is a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, scary for you! So happy that you are okay. Is your mom and sis okay too? What a terrible thing. Your card is just beautiful! Love the little gal, and so glad you had a 'free day' to play! Can't wait to see what you do next, now that you are feeling better!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are safe. Great card and thanks for playing the Mojo!

    Your title could have been "Cheeky Charm in a "Wink!"

    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design, so beautifully bright. Your colouring is gorgeous too.

    Thanks for joining in with our Pearls challenge at ABC.

    Lin xx

    PS So glad you were high enough to avoid the tsunami. I cannot even begin to comprehend just how terrifying it must have been for those poor souls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you werent in danger, cant imagine what its like for those in Japan..
    this card is so "sassy"....love her little kick (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't friday a crazy day? At least you got the day off, I still had to work. This card is super cute! I love these stamps, but I've been shying away from using mine because of the coloring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! Happy to hear you weren't affected by the tsunani. Very sad what happened in Japan! My ♥ goes out to them.

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    Simon Says DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.