Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot - Oh So Soft: Felt

It is Tuesday and that means it is time for another The Cuttlbug Spot Challenge.  This week the challenge is to use felt on your project.  This was a difficult challenge for me it is my last for The Cuttlebug Spot, as this is the end of my term.  Nilda has also decided to take a short break on the challenges, but she plans to be back soon with more.  As for me I can't wait.  On to my project.

I started with an idea I had about a week ago to emboss my own felt and it worked, kind of.  I started by spraying the felt with starch and then running it through and if gave this great deep embossing to the felt.  I was so excited, then as I was putting my card together I noticed that the more I handled the felt the embossing was coming out.  I will work on this technique and if I get it right I will share with you.  Being as I was disappointed with my first sample I made another.

Here is the first card.
Here is a close up of the embossing.
Now for my next card.
I hope you stop by The Cuttlebug Spot and give this challenge a try and don't forget to check out the rest of the design teams projects I am sure you will not be disappointed.  Thank you for stopping by.



I am submitting card # 1 into the sketch this week for Card Positioning Systems.

Card Details

Card #1
Stamps: Warm with Love- Gina K Designs
Paper: Pure luxury
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, summer sky, bahama blue
Other: felt, cuttlebug, nestabilities, polka dots and swirl embossing folders






Card #2
Stamps: Versatile Verses- Gina K Designs
Paper: Pure luxury, Basic Grey
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, angel pink
Other: felt, pearl brads, nestabilities, cuttlebug, argyle embossing folder

8 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful, Brenda! Love the idea of embossing the felt. Wonder if you ued hair spray afterwards or something it would stay more embossed. The spray starch was a great idea and I'm surprised it didn't hold. Anywasy, I thoroughly enjoyed being teamies with you on the Cuttlebug Spot. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda what a great idea, I would never have thought of embossing felt and thanks for a beautiful card. Thanks for being such a great team mate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the flower. Can you share how you made it please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, both cards are so elegant. Lovely layouts! Thanks for all the inspiration and it's been an honor to serve with you on TCS DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both very pretty!! And embossing the felt is a great idea...one I hadn't ever though of!! Thanks for joining us at the CPS Sketch Blog this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are wonderful - never even thought of embossing felt - how cool is that !!

    sorry havent been around - sick, tired, work, etc KWIM (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous Brenda - love the idea of embossing felt...maybe if you were to dampen it before you embossed it, it might 'hold' better?
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. O my gosh, they are both gorgious! Thank you so much for being a teamy with me, you have been an inspiration and I will be following your blog! So no goodbyes, but see you in blogland!

    love
    Jannie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.