Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A fun new challenge

About a month ago a new challenge blog started called Desert Islands Crafts Challenge.  It sounded fun to me so I gave it a try.  The challenges are based on an itinerary of ten items.  For you project you need to use at least three of the items on the itinerary.  Well, I was the lucky winner of the first challenge.  What did I win you ask?  I get to pick the itinerary for a future challenge.  This happens to be my week.  Here are my ten itinerary items.

1.   Make it Square
2.   Inspired by Nature
3.   Handmade flower
4.   Hand colored image
5.   2 or more patterned papers
6.   Pearls
7.   Twine
8.   No sentiment on the front
9.   Distressing
10. Birthday Theme


Here is the card I made

I was able to work in seven items on the itinerary. Make it square, inspired by nature, hand colored image, two or more patterned papers, pearls, twine (mine is bakers twine), and no sentiment on the front. I hope you are intrigued by this new challenge and want to give it a try. 


I am also entering this card in the the following challneges

  1. StampTV- color, creme de menthe, lemon drop, red hot
  2. Crazy 4 Challenges- Use Flowers
  3. One Stop Craft Challenge- Spring Flowers
  4. Stamp Something- Flowers
  5. Creative Inspirations- In the garden
Thank you for stopping by.




Card Details
Stamps:Sending you Sunshine, A Beautiful Life Gina K Designs
Paper: creme de menthe, lemon drop, red hot -GKD, Basic Grey Origins
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Other: pearls, bakers twine, button

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Brenda -- love the twine and button treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. card is wonderful - put this on my list to try and do...fun challenge
    (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Brenda!! I like the card and what a fun challenge! I'll have to check it out. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card hun! Thanks for joining in with our Challenge of In The Garden at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Brenda I love the colours image and papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.