Monday, March 7, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot -So Charming

The challenge this week for The Cuttlebug Spot is to use charms on your project.  I have been wanting to make a white on white card for a long time.  I almost got there this time, but I couldn't resist adding a lilac mat.  It is still mostly white and I am very happy with how it turned out.  I just wish I could have taken a photo of it to show how pretty it really is.

Last week Beate posted on her blog how to make a frame with nestaibilities and I knew I had to try it.  It is pretty easy and I will definitely being making more of them.  I can't seem to get a link to the exact post on Beate's blog with the video, but you can find it at the bottom of  her 3/5/11 post.  It has been a very long day so I am keeping this a super short post.  I have the card details at the bottom of this post.  Make sure to check out the rest of the design teams gorgeous creations  on The Cuttlebug Spot.  Thank you for stopping by.

I am also submitting this card to the following challenges
  1. Stampin Sisters in Christ: Use a stamped flower
  2. Let's Ink It Up: Show your embossing
  3. Cute Card Thursday: Signs of Spring
  4. The Pink Elephant: Spring Time


Card Details
Stamps: Gina K Designs Elegant Flowers
Paper: Gina K Designs Pure luxury
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Other: cuttlebug, nestabilities, ribbon, charm

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and I love just the touch of the purple/lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous -- what a wonderful frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Lovely layout and beautiful coloring. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant creation, love the colour choice and the embossing is just the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coloring, you do so well! Have to try that too soon!! Love your take on the challenge, it is gorgious!

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stunning, Brenda! Fabulous card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. elegant!!! lovin that white on white frame too! going to go find the toot and try it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love iris flowers. The way the smell is amazing. I can't wait until mine bloom. Yours look so elegant with the frame. I always struggle with charms. You did a great job with yours. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what lovely layout stamp and presentation over all! our God's glorious lilies do bloom beauteously - may we also!
    Fisrt time in this challenge..fun!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely!! I love the framed flower and your embossed bg =) ANd of course that gorgeous purple silky ribbon. That's a color ribbon I don't have, and it's soo soo pretty! Thanks for playing in our Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful and elegant card Brenda. I love the white with a touch of lilac and the embossing adds real dimension to the overall effect.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brenda, love how you frames the flowers and wonderful embossed background. Fun charm too. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like everything about the design of your card - the background script embossing, your beautifully coloured iris image,and the frame sets it off perfectly!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up embossing challenge.
    Sharon G.
    aka Celticrafter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, really elegant - I love white cards!
    So sorry for not getting round to visit you last week...am having a stupidly busy time at work at the moment!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, so pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how stunning and elegant!! I will have to try to make one of those frames too!! The clean white with the embossing and purple is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining Stampin Sisters in Christ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very stunning card! The colors are gorgeous. Congrats on the Shining Star!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried this technique too, but couldn't get it to work for me. You did good with this lovely card! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors and your embossing and frame are fabulous :)) Thanks for joining Let's Ink It Up's embossing challenge!

    Tammy xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. Your flower, embossing and frame are all gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.