Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot - Ouch! Hat Pins

It's Tuesday and that means it is time for The Cuttlebug Spot.  This week the challenge is to use Hat Pins on your project.  I happen to love using hat pins and it has been a long time since I had used any so I was happy to see this challenge. 

I used the adorably sweet image from The Greeting Farm. She is from Naughty or Nice.  I added glitter to her wings and halo, but it is hard to see in the photo.  To make the hat pins I used a pearl topped pin that I added beads to.  to stop the beads from sliding up and down the pin I used a stop bead that you can find in the beading section of a craft store.  Finally after placing the pins in the bow I took my wire cutter pliers and snipped the sharp end of the pins so there are no sharp ends. 

I hope you can play along this week.  You can link your project on The Cuttlebug Spot and while you are there make sure to check out the rest of the design teams fabulous creations.

I alos used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  It is a great sketch and one that I will be using again.Thank you for stopping by.



Card Details
Stamps: Naughty or Nice The Greeting Farm
Paper: pure luxery chocolate brown, Basic Grey Hopscotch
ink: memento tuxedo black
Other: ribbon, pearls, handmade hat pins, glitter pin

6 comments:

  1. Cute card, Brenda! That image is so sassy and sweet! Love the hat pin challenge - what a great idea! Enjoy your day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply love the images you use, they are gorgious!!! Love what you did with the pin, make the project even more beautiful!

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little project Brenda Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Brenda! Love your use of the stickpins. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable, Brenda! The image is the sweetest and I love your papers. Really pretty pins, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, she is so cute and a great hat pin card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.