Sunday, March 20, 2011

A couple of challenge cards

Today I have a couple of cards I made for some challenges.  First I have a card I made late Friday night just after the inspiration challenge was posted on SCS.  The inspiration came from a online store called Kirkland's.  I found this cork board and was inspired to make this card.

 I am not all that thrilled with how it came out, but went with it anyway.  I also am entering this into one of the challenges on StampTV for the release to use metal on your project, I used brads as thumbtacks. 

Then today I made this round card for a few different challenges which I have listed below.

One of the challenges is for another challenge on StampTV for the Gina K Designs release.  This one was a true challenge as Deb Felts challenged isy to step out of our comfort zone and not use some of your normal go to items.  For me I felt that meant I should not use copics. I love to color and copics are my tool of choice.  So I dusted off the old colored pencils and OMS and colored up this beautiful flower from Theresa set Little Critters.  I also made the choice to not go with a normal shaped card.  Last Friday Beate posted how she made a round easel card and I loved it and knew I wanted to give it a try. 

Challenges for this card
  1. StampTV: Out of your stamping zone
  2. Mark's Finest Papers: 3 pastel colors, 3 embellishments, and make it round
  3. Let's Ink It Up:  Die Cuts/Punches
  4. Desert Island Crafters: Intenirary items- Unusally sentiment, fancy folds, fibers


Card Details

Card #1
Stamps: Take Flight, A Beautiful Life, Sending Sunshine, Grand Damask-GKD
Paper pure luxury, cork
Ink: Memento
Other: brads

Card #2
Stamps: Little Critters-GKD
Paper: pure luxury, Basic Grey Olivia
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black, dandelion
Other: Kor-i-nor pencils, oms, fibers, pearls, nestabilites, cuttlebug

13 comments:

  1. Round......recipe ....AND an easel card....awesome...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends recipe challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Both cards are fabulous!! But really love the round easel card!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your round easel card - I'm going to have to make one of these!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, love the shaped easel card - just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, I love your layered scallop card! It is definitely springy looking, especially with the flower image you've colored so beautifully. THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the easel shape, colour and image, well done. Thank you playing along with LIIU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous round, easel card my friend! Such pretty Spring colors~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda- great job on my challenge! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful use of colors!! and love all the die cuts you used too!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shaped card and lovely flowers! Thank you for joining our to ‘die for’ challenge at LIIU ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, fab colours. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this time.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects, love your circle easel card. Very pretty and beautifully coloured image.

    Thanks for joining us at Desert Island Crafters:)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.