Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sea Breeze


As most of you know by now I love challenges, they really get my creative juices flowing. This is one for a scrapbook sketch on StampTV. I used it for a card sketch. I love how this card came out. I used kraft with a mat of blue bayou for the card base. I started out by stamping several of the images from Guiding Light from Gina K Designs. I then colored them with copics markers, I then cut out around the sky part of the images and then glued them down on some Basic Grey paper that has a sky pattern. The ship wheel I stamped right on the sky paper and colored with copics. Yes I cut out all of those seagulls, and boy was it tedious. The net on the corners is tulle I bought at the fabric store.

I worked on this card last night and then this morning I checked out the color challenge on StampTV and Theresa posted to use any blues, blue greens or blue violets with any neutrals. I didn't know that she was even doing a challenge this week, how funny is that? Often Theresa and I will be working on cards that are very similar at the same time without knowing it until we talk or one of us posts. This also happens with my mom, Geri. I just had to share I find it funny how much it happens.
Thanks for stopping by.



copics:B24, C0, C1, C3, C5, E25, E31, E35, R22, R24, YG95, YR02

3 comments:

  1. LOLOL, great minds DO think alike!

    LOVE this, Brenda!! So peaceful and pretty ... my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is beautiful. We can tell you are all related. You all do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat card. Whose paper has all the dots on it?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.