Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Trails!



First I would like to wish all you Mothers a very Happy Mothers Day!!!

Okay on to my card, this one I made using Theresa's new stamp set Out West from Gina K Designs. I colored the horse with copics (colors below) the I cut out a mask and then sponged the background with so saffron. I then used post-it notes to mask for the horizon and sponged the bottom with apricot appeal, creamy caramel and close to cocoa and on the very edges chocolate chip. Next I switched the post-its so I could work on the sky, and sponged with really rust. I removed the horse mask and post-its and stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip.
The mats on the horse image are chocolate chip and kraft. The background mat is really rust, chocolate chip and some leather paper from my stash. I finished off with some twine and brads. This card is also fro two challenges (I love it when I can work in more than one challenge on a card). the first one is the sketch challenge on StampTV, the second one is limited supplies on SCS. The limited supplies challenge was to make a card based on a holiday or celebration in May. I did a little research and found out that May is National Transportation month, so I got to thinking (I know that can be scary) why not go back to the some of the most basic forms of transportation THE HORSE!!
Thank you for stopping by.



copics: E13, E25, E29, E33, E51, Y21, YG95, W3

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Beautiful!!!! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoWza, love this!! Really creates a wonderful western mood! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DROP DEAD awesome - I love this card - WOWZERS Bren - you're fab!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.