Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Best Fishes

I had a great time with this card even though it took me hours to complete!! I got the idea for the pothole in the middle of the night and could hardly sleep after that. I wanted to use Cat's sketch from StampTV on this card also, in all of my fiddling to get it right I got a little off on the sketch I hope it is okay. So about the card the porthole is cut using circle nestabilities out of a copper sheet and then I added copper colored brads, to give it a more real look I distressed it and smeared stazon black ink on it. The blue is some patterned paper from my stash. For the ocean floor I stamped the seaweed and embossed it then I colored it and inked over it with a versamark pen and then embossed again. After finishing that I sponged so saffron and creamy caramel. This is called emboss resist and it is Gina's challenge this week on StampTV. The stamp set is Best Fishes from Gina K Designs.

Mary
has some great blog candy she is giving away, so head over and good luck!!

I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Brenda

copics;
Y21, Y23, YR04, YR16,
Memento markers;
Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! What a great idea! Don't you love it when you are supposed to be sleeping, and you just canNOT because you are thinking about stamping? Lol! Glad you and Theresa had fun together! Love your fishy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.