Sunday, August 24, 2008

Butterfly Tee


This is my card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge (WSC54). If you read my blog by now you have figured out that I love Melanie Muenchinger's Little Tees set. I did make one small change to the sketch, I didn't want to cover up the tee so I cut the sentiment panel shorter. It is hard to see in the photo but there are three tiny rhinestones for the body of the butterfly. To get the blues on the shirt to blend I inked up the stamp with my kaleidacolor pad and then held the stamp upside down and spritzed over the stamp with rubbing alcohol so that it would fall on top of the inked stamp. Doing this really allowed the colors to blend and giving the tee a nice variegated look.
Thanks for looking.
Brenda

Supplies:
Stamps: Little Tees, Gina K Designs, Warmest Regards, SU
Paper: whisper white, brilliant blue, taken with teal, jersey shore designer paper SU
ink: Kaleidacolor blue breeze, versamark
Other: cuttlebug, nestabilities, white gel pen, rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! So cute!
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.