Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Punchy Dress


I had this idea about four months ago and just now got a chance to make it and write this tutorial for it.







I used a round tab punch to make the top before I cut the punch out in half I used a 3/4" circle punch to cut out the neck.








I free hand drew and then cut out the skirt then I stamped it with a itty bitty background stamp.

Before putting the top and bottom together I needed to trim the top so that there was a waist line.








I used 1/4" ribbon for the belt and a brad for the buckle. I also placed the prongs of the brad on either side of the ribbon and then put it through to the back and opened the prongs, this gave a cinched up look to the belt.















For the pin on the ribbon I used a corsage pin and some beads and a pearl I bought in the beading department at M's. I used a crimp bead to keep the beads in place and I used an ear back for the stop at the end. Thanks for looking.
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the details on the pin. Have been wondering how to assemble some without having to purchase the Pretties kits for a stamp-a-stack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda - LOVE THE PIN!! I just gone a Creating Keepsakes one as a gift and was trying to figure out a way to make one and was having no luck with stick pin findings at Michael's! THANK SO MUCH!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.