Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Dress

For this card I used Retro Boutique from Gina K. Designs. I love the dress and think it is so pretty and girlie. I paper pieced the skirt part of the dress, and used my aqua pen and bashful blue ink to color the top part. This was a fast and simple card to make. I used my oval and scallop oval nestabilities for the dress. Next I took bashful blue paper and ran it through my cuttlebug with an swiss dots embossing folder, then I lightly sponged with bashful blue on the edges and across the dots. It is hard to tell from my photo but the scallop oval and the mat behind the embossed layer is going gray, and the card base is bashful blue. For those of you who have been by here this last week or so may have noticed that I am into using hat pins on my cards. They are fun and so easy to make plus they really help make a card look feminine. Thanks for looking.
Brenda


Supplies:
Stamps: Retro Boutique, Gina K Designs
Paper: bashful blue, going gray, whisper white, cutie pie (SU)
Ink: Basic black, bashful blue (SU)
Other: nestabilities, cutllebug, swiss dots, gel pen, ribbon, beads, corsage pin, earring back

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.