Monday, July 7, 2008

Hippy Birthday Challenge



I made this card for two challenges the first one was for the one that Melanie Muenchinger posted last week. You can see it here. The other challenge is the sketch challenge from SCS (SC183). About the card I didn't have a background paper that would work with what I had in mind for this card so I made one. I made it by cutting out three different sized and shaped "spots" in a piece of printer paper to make a template. Then I sponged chocolate chip ink on so saffron paper in a random pattern, after finishing that I lightly sponge all over with the chocolate chip and more mustard ink. Here is a close up so you can see the detail.


For the giraffe I stamped him on so saffron with chocolate chip ink, then colored him using a water brush pen and more mustard ink for the spots. Next I gave him a very light wash of chocolate chip ink. After cutting him out I inked him up with versmark and embossed him. I then stamped him again this time on really rust paper and mounted the cut out on top, this allowed me to not have to cut out his mane. From that point the card is simple I did a lot of heavy sponging on the edges added the ribbon and brads. Lastly I added the Hippy Birthday and called it done. I am very happy with the way it came out. This was my first attempt at making a background this way. Thanks for looking.
Brenda
Supplies:
Stamps: Just So Hippy- Gina K.
Paper: so saffron, really rust, chocolate chip, close to cocoa -all Stampin' Up
Ink: so saffron, chocolate chip, more mustard all Stampin' Up, versamark
Other: Ribbon, brads, embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.