Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Garden is a Work of the Heart

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  I hope that you week is going great so far. Today I have a card to show you that I made for Speedy The Cat's challenge for Mark's Finest Papers.  They have a color challenge this week, Bright and Cheery-- pink, green and yellow.  I also used the sketch this week from Card Positioning Systems.  I will be entering this into the challenges for iCopic and Copic Creations, who both have a challenge to use pastel colors.   I am going to also enter this into The Ribbon Carousel's challenge Button It Up.  I wanted the pink to look like the inside of a watermelon, to create it I took a copic marker (C9) to just lightly touched the side of a brush tip to give a slight tear drop shape.  I really liked how this was coming out except I didn't' know when to quit and added too many seeds IMHO.   Thank you for stopping by.

Card Details
Stamps:Planted with Love- Mark's Finest Papers
Paper: pure luxury, Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Ink: memento tuxedo black, new sprout, bamboo leaves
Other:  gingham ribbon, twine, button


5 comments:

  1. Brenda--this card is adorable!!! And IMHO there are not too many seeds, just the right amount LOL! You did a great job with Speedy's challenge and the Planted with Love stamp set! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious seed pack stamp!! I love the whole layout and I am so happy you shared it with us for our challenge at icopic this week : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! You have thought of every detail to pull this card together beautifully. Love the pink section with 'seeds'. ;) Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling. I love how you did the seeds on the pink paper for your watermelon theme. Just fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along in the Speedy's Friends Challenge. It was a joy to visit you today. Hope you can play with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute card--love your design and color choices! FUN image! Beautiful button and ribbon:) THANKS so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the RCC!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.