Monday, July 25, 2011

Bold Butterfly

Do you every have a hard time wording a blog post?  I seem to every time anymore.  I struggle each and every time and it does seem to me that they all sound the same post after post.  Maybe I should just copy and paste and just change the details? hmmmm     I will start off with I love how this card came out.  I started out with a challenge from StampTV to case Carolina.  Carolina is such a super talented lady and I love her work. As soon as I looked at her gallery I remembered THIS card and knew immediately that it was the one I wanted to case.  It is so beautifully elegant.  I had to change at least two things.  I left off the sentiment, instead of making a one layer card like Carolina's I layered mine with black and then put it on a white base.  I also used a smaller bow and different butterfly and didn't add any pearls.  As for other challenges I will be entering it into The Play Date Cafe's challenge of a Splash of Color and Wee Memeories to make a CAS card.

This was a super fast a simple card to make using my Scor-Pal.  After scoring the grid I took the end of a paint brush dipped in black paint to make the black dots.  Thank you for stopping by.


Card Details
Stamps: Bold and Beautiful- Gina K Designs
Paper: Pure Luxury- GKD
Ink: memento, copics
Other:ribbon, scor-pal



9 comments:

  1. Brenda, I have the same trouble! I think your blog writing is just perfect! Dont' change a thing. Your card is so beautiful! Black and white is so pretty, and that red just pops! I think the challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is black and white, too!!! Good luck on the challenges, kiddo, and have a great week! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black dots look super effective Brenda, and that red butterfly really is a super colour splash! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the scored background in this beautiful card Brenda!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous grid background! Love the pop of red in the butterfly. THanks for playing with us at The PLay Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that background design, and your splash of red in the butterfly is absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love that background you created!!!! And then your perfect bow and gorgeous red butterfly? HELLO! Perfection!!!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that butterfly is so dramatic and absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining in on the color splash at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Brenda!! Wow! So elegant, perfect with the splash of color! Love the scoring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - this just jumps off the page...stunning elegant and love that B-fly...then your ribbon looks soooo expensive - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.