Sunday, October 3, 2010

Heart To Heart Card Drive

I made the card today for Carolyn Kings challenge for her Heart to Heart card drive.  This is a very special challenge and Cammie's third year doing it.  Cammie lost her grandmother to Alzheimer’s and has been doing this challenge to honor all of the wonderful work the Alzheimer caregivers.  My husband grandfather died of Alzheimer's.  I am way late getting this done as the challenge ends in just a few hours.  If you have a chance even after the challenge to make a card for someone that works with patience's with Alzheimer's please do and let them know how much you appreciate all that they do.

I also worked in a few other challenges as I like to do.  First off Cat has a recipe challenge on StampTV.  To make a card following this recipe.
1. No designer paper.
2. One layer only plus the base
3. 2 rounded corners on the base
4. At least 3 blings

OK I can do no designer paper, no problem.  The rounded corners, piece of cake.  Three bling, a walk in the park.  BUT no DESIGNER PAPER, are you kidding me?  I love my layers and this made this a true challenge for me.  I had to think a bit and then came up with if I can do layers then I can at least do faux layers!!!! So then I took my stamped scene and with a ruler and a brown copic marker made a brown layer he he. 

The next challenge is for Mark's Finest Papers.  Speedy's challenge this week is the use buttons and bows.  If you look in the bottom left corner I have a small button with a bow.


That is all I have for now.  Make sure to come back on Monday morning for my first card as a Designer for The Cuttlebug Spot.

Thank you for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Brenda for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Brenda! Great card for Cammie's challenge. God luck. I posted mine last week. Just scheduled my post for the Cuttlebug Spot. So looking forward to getting started with the team. Can't wait to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing along Brenda! Love your sweet fall card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.