Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunflower Thank you


Have you heard of Paper Craft Planet yet? If you have been living under a rock and haven't it is a wonderful new paper crafting site. Most of the stamping companies have groups on there. In the Gina K. Designs group there are a couple of challenges, and this card is for one of them. Jessica Flick posted a challenge to make a thank you card using Gina K. stamps. This is my card for the challenge using Melanie Muenchinger's newest stamp set A Year of Flowers.
I stamped the first sunflower and then made two masks so I could stamp the other flowers to give them depth. The flowers and leaves are colored with koh-i-noor pencils and blended with OMS. Next I cut them out and inked them with versamark and clear embossed them, I repeated this three or four times. This really adds a lot of depth to the image. The flowers are mounted with pop dots on a so saffron oval which in on a really rust scallop oval. Behind the ovals I stamped leaves from Aslea Hopkin's set Botanical Dreams, with more mustard ink on more mustard paper. Lastly I mounted it on really rust and a card base of so saffron. The sentiment is from Rupa Shevde's set What Ever Floats your Boat.
Thank you for stopping by.
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, your blog is lovely and creative,and I have an award for you on mine! Now I have to crawl out from under my rock and go visit Paper Craft Planet!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been I join too.....lol

    Pretty pretty Card( wow )I'm a flower kind of girl and this is STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.