Sunday, June 8, 2008

How to...... packing tape transfer

In my last card I used a technique called packing tape transfer, and have been ask how I did it. Well, I didn't come up with this one on my own I have seen it done many times, I will give you all a quick overview of how it is done.
I started with a strip of Stampin' Up designer paper cut 2" wide, then put the packing tape (which was also 2" wide) on top. Make sure you get out any bubbles I used a bone folder, but you could use a credit card. Next stamp your image using Stazon ink, after that has dried for a few moments cut out your image. Okay so here is the fun part, you then soak it in water until the paper is completely saturated, at this point you should be able to gently rub the paper off the tape which will leave you with just the image and no paper. Now all you have to do is let if dry and you are ready to place it on your card. I hope this made since, if you have any questions please email me.

I have been super busy and have not been posting like I should, but this is the last week of school for me (yeah) so I should get back to it very soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stampin'

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Brenda,
    Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog and join in the blog candy give away! Your blog is delightful and I'm very intrigued by this new technique. I'll have to give it a try!

    Blessings on your day...and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for responding so promptly to my request Brenda. I'm going to try this out this week - probably Thursday night when my daughter's at a school overnighter.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.