Sunday, March 14, 2010

I am so ready for Spring!

Hello everyone, today I have a card that I made for a couple of challenges.  the first one is for Tina's color challenge on StampTV, to use wine, kraft and yellow.  I am just under the line on this one.  The other is for a somewhat new challenge blog called Oh, Alice!  They are on their fourth week of challenges and I have been meaning to play along since the beginning.  This week it is a sketch and I do love sketch challenges so I have to do it.  If you have the time check them out I think it will be a fun challenge each week.

On a personal note.  Our power company sent us out a letter a couple of weeks ago telling us that they needed to upgrade some equipment and that we should be prepared to be without power for about 22 hours!  I was not looking forward to this as no electricity means no computer (at least for more than couple of hours), and most importantly no lights!  Now I have to say that having no lights would not have bothered me much a few years ago before I became so completely hooked on stamping.  The weekends are when I am most able to stamp and with out light I can hardly stamp as my eyes have began to age rather quickly and I can hardly stamp without my OTT light.  The good news is that I did mange to stamp a little and my husband and I played games and eat Jiffy Pop popcorn.  My son works at a grocery store and he was telling me that he had several people come in and tell him they were staying at a local motel due the having no power, can you believe it!  Sadly though a house not to far from our house burnt down last night.  There sure were a lot of firetrucks and I didn't see any ambulances so I am thinking that everyone is okay.

Thank you for stopping by,


Card Details
Stamps: Spring Florals- Gina K Designs
Paper: wine with everything, soft sand, sweet corn- Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento, copics
Copics: Y13, Y15, YG63, YG67
Other: cuttlebug, nestabilities, pearls

6 comments:

  1. Brenda - I am SO ready for srping too! Your card is gorgeous and captures the SPRING feel totally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome take on the sketch Brenda. Love your card. That is such a cute flower image and I love the embossing behind the main image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty and I love the embossed background.
    Can't believe they would do a planned power outtage in winter, what are they thinking?? But then, we did go to the beach this weekend, what were we thinking??! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful Spring card you have made!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Oh Alice Challenges.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the elegant simplicity of this gorgeous card, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the daffodils. They'd be perfect in Alice's garden.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.