Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Camper

I made this for Gina's technique challenge over on StampTV. In her latest video she shows how to do Smackin' Acetate. I had never done that before so this is my first try, and I am happy with how it came out and it was easy to! I used Theresa's newest stamp set Happy Camper from Gina K Designs. I colored and cut out the tent and sign. The trees are from Tree Silhouettes also from Gina K Designs.

On a side note I have injured my shoulder and I don't know how. The doctor said it is tendinitis. Here is what he knows though he thinks I did it stamping, no way am I giving that up! So as a result I need to rest my shoulder and arm for a few days and my not get anything new stamped and posted until the weekend. Hopefully it will not take that long and I can get back at it in a day or two. Thanks for stopping by.



copics: E25, E31, E51, G09, G28, W3

Memento markers: Bahama Blue, Summer Sky, Potters Clay, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Desert Sand

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome Brenda! What a wonderful scene that technique created, way cool!

    I hope your shoulder feels better! I was told that by a doctor too, but mine is my wrist and hand pain, lol! I'm like you, NOT giving it up! Oh the pain us stampers go through for our love of it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is wonderful! It's looks just perfect with the Happy Camper stamps!
    I hope your shoulder is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Great with that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, this is wonderful! Great job with the acetate technique! I hate that you have hurt your shoulder! Try to get some rest, and let it heal - we will wait for you!!! Big hugs - get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Brenda - it turned out fabulous - I have not had a chance to try this yet - funny how work gets in the way of stamping - I actually have a neck/shoulder injury from too much stampin - I have raised my chair up so it's at a better angle but I'm with ya - I can't give it up and there are times when I can tell I've been at my stamp table way too long. Good speedy recovery - REST (just sketch ideas, play with colors - be inspired) and ice seem to help the most. Nice coloring on the tent, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scene cards are always so beautiful. You did a great job with the challenge. I'm so sorry to hear your shoulder is injured. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoWWW! This is way kewl! Love all your coloring here ... but especially love the way you did the ground! Too cute!

    Soooooooo sorry to hear about your shoulder ... reading your more recent posts, it sounds like you're doing better. I hope so, my friend!!!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.