Monday, March 16, 2009

Faux Fifth Avenue

I like the stamp set Fifth Avenue from Stampin' Up, but sadly I don't have it. So when I saw this card by Donna Baker I loved the idea and had to give it a try myself. I used two sets from Gina K Designs Elegant Flowers and A Year of Flowers. The base is close to cocoa, the patterned paper is from an old DCWV spring matstack. The flowers are stamped on very vanilla in creamy caramel and chocolate chip. I made this card for another challenge on StampTV hostessed by Joanne Basile to make a card and use no nestalbilities. Thanks for stopping by.
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this too! Love how you did the tags on that yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Very nice and thanks for leaving the link to Donna's card. You did an excellent job casing her card without it looking exactly like hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda this is WONDERFUL - I love how you made it work - Papertrey has a new set that is very similar (outlined flowers) as well and on first glance I thought that was the set you used. Lovely layout and great striped ribbon! Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog, too. It is really nice to hear what people think - right?? Well I think You ROCK! :-) Hugs n smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my oh my this is stunning....The flowers look just Amazing Brenda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version!!
    The browns are so serene and comforting!
    That ribbon is the PERFECT touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome job, Brenda! so glad my card inspired this brown beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.