Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bunch O' Challenges

My Favorite Things has had an challenge for a MFT Idol. This is my card for it, I had to use my newest stamp set Tea for Two. I love these little guys. I colored the image with copic markers, then cut it out and attached it to a certainly celery oval cut with nesties. The designer paper is delicate dots from Stampin' Up's Sale-A-Bration catalog. I used so saffron, certainly celery and bashful blue. It is hard to see in the photo but the rhinestones in the corner match certainly celery.
On this card I used the other image from Tea for Two. I made this one for two other challenges for MFT, Ambassador challenge 1 and for April's guest designer challenge. I used the same colors on this card as the one above. The quilted top note is something I did a few weeks ago that I learned from Diane Gibbs. So the challenges for the ambassador was to make a spring card without using black (stamped line images okay) and no flowers, that was a bit difficult for me, I chose to use spring colors hence the same colors from above. For the guest designer challenge you needed to use buttons on your card. Buttons are another challenge for me I have a hard time putting them on cards for some reason.
I had so much fun making the cards above and I had my MFT stamps out so I made this one also for the Ambassador and guest designer challenges. As with the cards above I colored with copic markers. I used By the Shore stamp set for this one, I love the peaceful feel of this card and I am so ready for nicer weather. I live a few blocks from the beach in California, unfortunately I am in northern California so the weather isn't always the greatest, but I love walking on the beach when it is nice. Now if spring would just get here.
Thanks for stopping by.
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You have been busy! I love the colors on these, so springy and easter-y! Wonderful coloring on them too! Love the button treatmen on the second one especially too! Good luck on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures on all the cards are very cute.gorgeous cards.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.