Monday, September 2, 2013

Magic Mondays with Repeat Impressions

Hello I am so excited to share with you something new from Repeat Impressions.
Starting today and every Monday one of the design team members will share a special project or card with you on The Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  So without further ado....I have my project to share with you on our very first Project of the Week.  Many of you may already know that I love to make fall themed cards and 3D projects so I am leading off with a Fall themed gift box.
 I started with THIS tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers for making a note card box.  As it turns out the finished box perfectly holds and whole bag of Ghiradelli chocolate squares.  I used Repeat Impressions Sunflower 4313-K It is a sunflower on s stem with leaves.  It is a great stamp.  However I wanted to show how you can use a stamp in different ways.  I started by stamping the entire image and coloring the flower and leaves three times.  I then cut out the flower and leaves.  I like to take a black marker and go along the cut edge so that the white doesn't show.  I then arranged my cut pieces on a small square of burlap with a little twine to create a focal point for the top of my box.  The band is a piece of 2" x 6 1/4' card stock that I ran through a crimper.  I used my trusty Scor Pal to create the folds for my box. I love my Scor Pal and it is used on 99.9% of the cards and projects I use.  Confession time: I have two of the 12 x 12 ones and a Scor Buddy. Here is a little tip: When using one sided patterned paper or paper with a white core lightly mist the paper with water before making your creases.  This will allow the paper to soften and thus not crack when folded.  And yes learned this the hard way.

Here are a couple more photos of the completed box.
Supplies Used:
Sunflower~Repeat Impressions
Harvest Lane~Simple Stories
Honey Mustard and Pumpkin Spice card stock~ Gina K Designs
Twine~May Arts
Burlap~Joann's
Copic markers~E55, E57, G94, G99, Y35
Scor Tape
Scor Pal


Thank you for stopping by.
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box!! Bring it with you next time you visit ( full of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet box! In more ways than one! Ha! I like your mom's suggestion....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to kick off the new "project of the week". You did an awesome job.

    I love the box and the way you used the image. Sooooo cute!!!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.