Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day

Last night as I was falling of to sleep I realized that today is May Day.  I remember when I was young making may flowers baskets to give to my mom on May Day.  That got me to thinking and I decided that today I would make a door hanger in honor of May Day.  I started with a drink coaster from Outback Steak House that I have had forever.  I covered the coaster with paper from Echo Park For the Record.  Next I inked the edges with always artichoke ink.  The sentiment is one I won a few weeks ago form Creative Vision, thank you Laura. As I was finishing up I decided that that this wasn't working the way I wanted for a door hanger and decided that I would make it a magnet instead.  Now as usual I am also entering this into a few challenges which I have listed below. I hope you have a fabulous week.  Thank you for stopping by.

Challenges
  1. Creative Clear Stamps: Altered Gifts
  2. Lets Ink It Up: Embellish It
  3. My Mums Craft Shop Challenges: Flowers
  4. Simon Says: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful magnet and I love the way you have embellished it with those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, love the colours and those flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautuful. I love the sentiment.. just perfect!! Love the flowers too, thanks for playing at My mums crafts shop this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the sentiment! (smiles) thanks for playing along with our Creative Saturday Challenge, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so so pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges for this weeks challenge and we hope to see you again next time!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is so beautiful! I love everything about this - the paper, fab flowers and beautiful sentiment. Perfect combination! Thank you for joining us at MMCS challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful verse and all the flowers really adds to the design of your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up Challenge #14.
    Stamping Hugs,
    Sharon G.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.