Saturday, January 2, 2010

Melanie's Blog Hop Celebration

Today I am showing you a card I made to celebrate Melanie Muenchinger's  2 years of illustrating and 25 stamp sets!!!  In case you didn't already know Melanie illustrates for Gina K Designs and her stamps are wonderfully drawn.  I have many of her sets though not all 25 yet, LOL.

So when I was trying to decide which one of Melanie's set to use I couldn't decide between my first set and my favorite set, so I did both, LOL.  My first card is from A Year Of Flowers, my all time favorite set by Melanie.  I love coloring the beautiful flowers.  Today I colored with copics and then cut out the rose and leaves before layering on an oval cut whit nestabilities and sponged lightly with pink.


For my next card I used my very first set by Melanie. Just So Hippy.  I love the cute animals in this set, and they are very versatile.  I again colored with copics and cut out the giraffe, then layered on a sponged panel.



Melanie has ask her past Guest Designers to make cards using the sets they worked with.  So head over to Melanie's blog and follow the links to see some fantastic cards made by them you will not be disappointed.  Oh and while you are there make sure to enter for some great blog candy.

First Card
Stamps: A Year of Flowers
Paper: pure luxery white, pretty in pink, certainly celery
Ink: memente tuxedo black, copics, pretty in pink, cameo coral, regal rose
Copics: R20, RV21, RV23, YG63, YG67
Other: cuttlebug, nestabilities, ribbon


Second Card:
Stamps: Just so Hippy, A Year Of Flowers
Paper: pure luxery white, chocolate kiss, bg mellow
Ink: memento tuxedo black, copics, so saffron, creamy caramel, more mustard
Copics: E00, E31, E33, E35, Y21
Other: pearls

14 comments:

  1. Brenda...both cards are just wonderful...your choice of stamp sets really shows off melanies versatility as an illustrator...from beautiful flowers to cute creatures! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, it's hard to decide which one I like better...but that giraffe has always held a special place in my heart!
    Your colors are stunning!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, i love em bothbut that rose is really speakign to me! i love the two ways you framed it with the sponged nestie and then the pinky leafy background, too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous rose, Brenda! So glad to get to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Brenda, these are great, they just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are great. Love the different pinks in your rose card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flower, your coloring is perfect! Both cards are sopretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful creations! Love your coloring and the way you shaded both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, Brenda! I love your sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are stunners!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your rose card, the colors are great! & the giraffe is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful rose card and that giraffe is one of my favorites from Melanie! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on both cards! That giraffe looks like he has mischief on his mind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both lovely! you have a talent for cool backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.