Monday, August 3, 2009

Timeless Treasures Blog Hop






Tonight we are having a special blog hop featuring Theresa Momber newest stamp set from Gina K Designs. The set is called Timeless Treasures and it is a beautifully drawn set and prefect for vintage scrap booking as well as great for making cards.

For my project I decided to make a little memory box. I followed the directions for a 3X3 box I found on SplitCoast Stampers. For the cameo to fit I needed to make a slight change to the sizes. Mine is a 3 1/2X 3 1/2 . For the base I started with 5 1/2 square piece of card stock, and scored at 1 inch on all for sides. The top is 4 3/4 inch square of designer paper and scored at 3/4 inch on all four sides. I colored the cameo with Koh-I-Noor pencils and OMS. I know hard to believe that I didn't use copics, but I couldn't get the look I was wanting with them. The gorgeous burgundy paper is a suede card stock I found at my local scrap book store. The fleurs-de-lis is an EK Success punch that I embellished with a tiny pearl. I used a Martha Stewart boarder punch to finish the edges of the lid, then I added some decorative braid that I bought at JoAnn's. I hope you enjoyed my project today.

To see even more inspiration from Theresa's gorgeous Timeless Treasures stamp set, please visit Theresa Momber's blog

She has two guest designers to joining in in the blog hop tonight:
Cathy Edgar and her mom -Geri Utterback

as well as these GinaK's Senior Design Team members:
Cindy Lawrence
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Melanie Muenchinger

and our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team members:
Shannon Bracken
Sue Morris
Sue Walsh




16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic box!!! I totally love the colors and paper you used. Love the subtle coloring on the cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda this is simply STUNNING - what a LOVELY lovely gift idea - now I'm torn between this idea and Jess's book idea to use for my friend who just lost her mom. Love the fleur de lis punch and the tiny pearls - ROCK ON girl! Talent absolutely runs in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reasure Box Brenda - I love how you've coloured your cameo and your choice of DP and colours is perfect!! Think I need to add that punch to my wish list too!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful memory box, Brenda. It's perfect for saving that special something for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! Love the rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Brenda, this is such a wonderful project and the perfect image for your wee treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beatiful. What a fantastic idea for a memory box. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great box! I love the colors you did it in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect project for this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Brenda! Love that punch with this too, and the colors are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Brenda! I LOVE this box - how creative of you!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful box. Love the work and that 1st card with the horse is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.