Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Inspiration Mosaic Blog Hop


Tonight is the Blog Hop for Melanie Muenchinger's newest stamp set called Inspiration Mosaic. I am excited to share three cards with you tonight. I love this set as it can be used so many ways. For my first and last cards I paper pieced, and for the second card I stamped right on some gorgeous Basic Grey paper from their Wisteria collection. Full details below.

I have seen several cards done like this quilt card and I loved it so this is my take on it. After paper piecing the mosaic I embossed with a cuttlebug folder to give it texture.
On this card I stamped right on the DP. For the kids walking I stamped and then colored them with copics and next cut them out. I know that sounds hard but it really isn't that bad if you have some cutterbee scissors.

On this card I used stamps and paper from the newest stamp kit from Gina K Designs. Gina has a couple of videos on StampTV showcasing this set. Thank you for stopping by and make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team and Guest Designers linked below I know you will not be disappointed. Rumor has it that Melanie has some blog candy, good luck.

For more inspiration check out Melanie's blog.

Melanie also has several guest designers joining in on the hop tonight:

Jennie Harper, Tina Gilliland, Linda Payne, and Jenny Charboneau

These GinaK's Senior DT members have Inspiration Mosaic projects on their blogs as well: Gina, Cathy, Emily, Donna, Erika, Jessica, and Lee

and finally, don't forget to check out our CenterStage DT members:
Shannon Bracken and Brenda Turner That's Me ;) !



Card 1
stamps: Inspiration Mosaic, Tropical Windows, GKD
paper: regal rose, pretty in pink pure luxury white, Basic Grey lemonade collection
ink: memento markers
other: cuttlebug folder, nestabilities, pearls

Card 2
stamps: Inspiration Mosaic, The Journey, GKD
paper: almost amethyst, Basic Grey wisteria collection, vellum
ink: memento tuxedo black, copics-B 21, B23, B24, BV08, BV11, BV13, E00, E09, E33, E37, E51, G09, G14
other: martha stewart butterfly punch, pearls

Card 3
stamps: Inspiration Mosaic, Signs of Autumn StampTV Kit GKD

paper: pumpkin spice, chocolate kiss, soft sand, signs of autumn kit, GKD
ink: creamy caramel, copics-E35, YR000, YR02, YR04, YR07

other: copper brads

27 comments:

  1. Brenda...these are all fabulous!!!! LOVE the kids and the DP on the first. Those pumpkins are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cards Brenda! that Wisteria paper is sooooo grogeous I love how you went the extra step and Cb'ed it, looks so real!
    the children walking under the wisteria canopy is magical, and I ove your fall card! thank you so much for joining us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful - crisp and clear images..all go together beautifully - I love all 3!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Bren! I especially love the pieced fall card! I'm a sucker for those colors. Beautiful coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda your cards are just terrific. I loved the paper pieced first card, and the autumn card made me think of fall. However I have to say that the one of the kids walking just spoke to my heart in that magical way that art speaks. The children reminded me so much of my own dd and ds. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda - Sheer perfection my friend! Love every one of your cards. (I started with you, by the way!!! lol) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards and I'll bet that cutting on the kids was a test of patience! LOL Great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! The quilt card is my favourite but the others are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card set - so different but all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the quilts are sooo fun to make!! And the design with the little kiddos is just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are spectacular!! If I had to choose, I'd say that the "quilt" is my favorite but thank goodness, I don't have to choose! I can delight in each one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great cards! Love the paper piecing!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautifully done! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Brenda! Awesome coloring on that wisteria/kid one and the colors so rock on all of these, love em all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brenda, Beautiful cards! I love the quilt card and the card with the kids is amazing! Great job using the stamp tv kit with the mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...great job on all your cards with this set! YOu did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh I just LOVE them! Esp the kids walking (I do the same with cutting my images, easier than masking sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so pretty Brenda! I love the unique styles of each one and the paper you used is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brenda, the pumpkins on the second card are so cool. I love the autumn feel of this card. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, Brenda!!! I LOVE all of your cards - you are such an awesome designer!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are amazing! Great, great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brenda WOW - WOW - oh did I say WOW?? I am SO going to case the lemonade card (i have that paper yay!) and I adore that autumn one too. GREAT job with all of them girl! THREE CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous again! SO sorry I am a day late hoppin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful ... and so beautifully done, Brenda!

    WoW, you constantly amaze me with your talent, Kiddo! Great, great cards!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.