Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gift Card Inspired



I made this card and it is not for a challenge. I know you all are shocked and may not recover, sorry about that I don't want anyone hurt in the viewing of my blog. So are you all okay?

This is the card I made for my nieces birthday (Theresa's daughter) it was yesterday. I am a bad Aunt I didn't get it in the mail fast enough to get to her in time. I am hoping she doesn't read this before she gets it.

Stephanie is now seventeen and very much into art, drawing mostly, so I got her a gift card to Michael's and was very inspired by the card so I put aside the card I had made for her (I will post it tomorrow) and made this one.

Here is a picture of the gift card. The base is so saffron, the red is from Lime Rickey from Basic Grey with white and black mats. The daisies are from Eclectic Summer and the sentiment is from Eclectic Summer Sayings both from Gina K Designs. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder. I wanted to put a red heart brad in the center of the daisies but as you all know it is harder to mail with any embellies so I left it off. :(

Thank you for stopping by.

copics: Y15, Y17, C1

5 comments:

  1. Awww you're a good aunt!!! She will love it and my son (who's b.day is TODAY!) loves having his b.day strung out over a week, if he can figure out how to do it! LOL A gift every day is a cool thing...even for us old people. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is SO pretty! Your neice will adore it. The card and gift card match perfectly. She may not even want to spend it-she may want to keep it with the card forever!!! You are a good auntie! (She probably got LOADS of gifts on her birthday, so this will be fun coming in later!) Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, and a fabulous take on your "inspiration" piece! The packaging will match the gift perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card you made to go along with the gift card -- great thinking!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.