Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thanks So Much

Today I have a card I made for Power Poppy's Peep Of The Week Challenge.  Here is my card.
I tried a new technique for this card and I have to say I am having a ton of fun with it.  What technique you ask?  It is making your own watercolor background.  I have played around a few times in the past, but didn't like how they came out until now.  It is easy and fun! I started with wetting watercolor paper, then I smushed green watercolor paint around leaving some areas lighter and some darker.  There is not wrong way to do it.  I don't have a lot of patience waiting for the paper to dry so I hit it with my heat gun before splattering some green and purple watercolor paint.  After drying it again with a heat gun all I had to do was trim it to fit the card base.  I am happy with how it came out.  I now have several backgrounds on my desk waiting to be made into cards.  For the image I used my newest Power Poppy Set Dynamic Duos: Glads and Gerberas Marcella Hawley is an amazing artist and I am a huge fan of hers.  If you have been to her store yet it is a must see.  I can guarantee you will find many sets you will need in your collection. 

Thank you for stopping by.
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brenda! What a fabulous background you created with your technique.........I hate to think how mine would turn out....probably a mucky mess! Your pretty flowers are lovely too.........off to take a look at the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and pretty! Great vibrant background with these daisies. Thanks for playing in our Peep Of The Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love these pretty flowers on your fantastic water color background! Your colors complement each other beautifully. Glad to see this lovely card in our Peep of the Week Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.