~Scored Background~#9009-F, Butterfly (sm) and #9004-E, All Your Dreams on this card.
Instructions for to make this card. I apologize for the shadows in the photos. I am an amateur and no matter how I positioned I couldn't get any photos without shadows.
The only special tool you will need for this project is a score board. I used a Scor Buddy, I love this little board. :)
- Start with a 4 x 5 piece of card stock. Starting with opposite corners score the first line from one corner to the next. Without moving the paper score every 1/2 inch working your way to the outer edge. (You may find it helpful to mark the score line with a marker on your Scor Buddy. This will help when you have to move the paper.)
- When you have half of the paper scored turn the paper 180° and repeat step 1.
- Next start at the opposite corner than in step 1. Repeat the scoring process in steps 1 and 2.
- This is what your paper should look like.
5. When cutting out a butterfly it is difficult to cut the antennae so I ink the antennae part of the image and stamp where I want the butterfly to go. This way you can easily cut out the butterfly without having to bother with the delicate antennae.
When scoring your own background you can get many different patterns by changing up the direction you scoring. I have seen some awesome brick backgrounds.
I hope you give this fun background a try.