Wednesday, August 25, 2021

You're a Hoot


Hello, today I have my first mini slimline (3 1/4 x 6 1/2) to share.  This one is for the August Monthly Challenge at Gina K Designs.  The challenge is to use multiple sentiment strips.  One of my first idea for a card using Woodland Friends was to make a nighttime card.  I started by cutting out a piece of GKD white layering weight card stock using master layouts #7.  To make the sky I used blending brushes leaving the center the lightest with the following colors in this order: powder blue, blue raspberry, blue denim, in the navy.  Then I stamped some white pigment ink on my glass mat and spritzed some water on it. Next using a small paint brush I sprinkled the stars in the sky. For the moon I cut out a the smallest circle from master layouts #7.  To create the craters on the moon I heated up a piece of Simon Hurleys stamping foam and pressed it against the texture on my wall.  After inking up the foam with moonlit fog I stamped off 3 times on some scrap paper before stamping on the moon with a light hand.  The scene is created using master layouts #6 and the owl was colored using prisma pencils and gamsol.  Then sentiment flags are cut using master layouts #4.  All products used are Gina K Designs except the stamping foam and prisma pencils/gamsol.

Thank you for stopping by,
Brenda



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really like the slimline cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the repeats I’m obviously doing something wrong!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.